So, I’ve been gone for a day or two, and I come back to see that RecoveryWarrior has nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thanks, girl! I’m glad to chat with you here, and absorb your encouragement on this journey.🙂
I’ll start out with 11 random facts about me, and then I’ll answer the questions that RecoveryWarrior asked of me. Then, I get to pick some of y’all (my readers) to nominate, and give you a set of questions to answer!
1. I once attempted to teach myself contortion, but quit before I permanently wrecked my body without knowing what I was doing.
2. I used to write classical music for the pipe organ, string ensembles, and the piano. I don’t anymore because time is non-existent.
3. I love spoken word poetry.
4. I can hyperextend many of my joints – my elbows, knees, and thumbs all bend backwards, and my shoulders and hips fall out of socket.
5. I used to be into corseting, or waist-training. For me, though, that was a highly disordered behaviour, so I eventually gave it up.
6. I own a pet cactus. His name is Freckles.
7. My favourite subject in school was physics, and I got ripped apart for that in high school. Not my fault kids don’t like logic and numbers.
8. I’ve never felt my age. I’ve always felt years older. My best friends in high school were the teachers, if that tells you anything.
9. I don’t watch TV. At all. Ever. I think it’s a waste of time.
10. Candles are the best thing this life has to offer.
11. I’ve never flipped my pillow over to ‘get to the cold side’. Being cold sucks, and so does anything that’s cold in general.
Alright! Now I’ll tackle the questions!
1.) Why did you start blogging?
I started to blog because I needed a way to talk through the tough things in my recovery without letting anyone in my physical surroundings know the extent of my thoughts. I don’t want them worrying about me any more than they already do.
2.) What is your dream career?
I would love to do something repetitive. Day after day. No change. No new tasks. Just familiarity. But, there are hardly any jobs like that other than factory work (which I have already done and hated), so I would like something stable. That’s why my degree is in accounting.🙂
3.) What is your greatest achievement?
My greatest achievement so far has probably been continuing to put myself through university without any debt and without any financial help from family. Scholarships have been my saving grace, and I work my butt off in the summers so that I can accomplish graduating debt-free.
4.) What do you do when you are feeling down?
I typically get busy. I know that’s not a healthy coping skill, so I’ve been working on writing, reading, looking into scripture, enjoying the sunshine in some way, and going for walks (leisurely, so that I don’t upset my treatment team). Anything to focus my mind on something else usually works. If I dwell on something negative, I blow its significance out of proportion, and that’s not healthy.
5.) Who is your greatest supporter?
Probably my best friend. It’s a toss-up between her and my mom. My mom is always there for me, but she doesn’t innately understand my struggles. My best friend often has a conflicting schedule, but she gets me without me having to explain anything. That’s a comfort that is rarely found, and I cherish it.
6.) What is your favorite quote?
“If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull over to the side of the road.” (I like it because it’s sarcastic – that’s not how I look at others’ pain at all!)
7.) Favorite book?
Fahrenheit 451, by far.
8.) TV show?
As I said above, I don’t watch tv. But my favourite show back in the day when I did watch it was Criminal Minds.
9.) Are you more similar to your mom or dad?
Definitely my mom. But the ways in which I’m similar to my dad present conflict. For example, we’re both stubborn, but we’re often stubborn about opposite viewpoints, which doesn’t make for a peaceful relationship 24/7.
10.)What are your hobbies?
I like writing poetry, playing piano, writing music, reading by candle-light, taking bubble baths, running, writing letters, roller-blading, and dressing up.🙂
11.) What is your biggest reason to live?
To see those I care for succeed, love without bounds, and live the way they desire. Oh! And to snuggle with my kitten.😉
That was longer than I thought it was going to be! Now, for my nominations:
3. ThinkingAboutLife (coffeeandbipolar)
4. Anajmb (My Descent Into Darkness)
And here are the questions that you are to answer:
1. What is one thing in life that you could never regret doing, and why?
2. Who in your life makes the most effort to understand you?
3. If you could switch genders for a day, would you take the opportunity?
4. What relaxes you?
5. If you had to pick one thing to bring you out of a really dark place or deep depression, what would it be?
6. Are you more comfortable in a group of people or by yourself?
7. What is your favourite outfit to put on, and why does it make you feel more confident?
8. Are you religious? If so, what are your basic beliefs about humanity, morality, and evil? (Big question, I know!)
9. Are you daring or more risk averse?
10. In general, which is the more honest sex? (M or F)
11. Have you remembered that you’re beautiful yet, today? If not, I’m here to remind you that each one of you is precious and treasured. Your lives are inspiring, and worth coming alongside. You have taught me much, and have helped pull me through a bunch of sludge. And a scale cannot give or take that away.